Week 4- Ceiling Medallion & Chandelier
This post may contain affiliate links and I may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking them. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I removed our ceiling fan from the bedroom! We've lived her for one year now, and get through the summer without using it, so we made the decision to change it out for a chandelier!
The shape of the tray ceiling led me to look for a differently shaped medallion, and I couldn't be happier with the one I found! It fits the ceiling beautifully. The tray is about 6'X10' and the medallion is 4'X6'.
The medallion came in two pieces because it was so large. I used 0 second Loctite power grab. It's an adhesive that comes in a caulk tube. I secured it with 2' brad nails as well. Then I caulked the seam with Alex's paintable caulk.
I added picture moulding all the way around the tray to make give the illusion of bigger crown moulding. It creates the look of a frieze when you paint it all white.
Lastly I ordered a 48" 6 light chandelier. The brass had no luster, so I used antique gold Rub-n-buff over the entire chandelier.
I primed the entire ceiling to get rid of the two-tone paint, and painted with Glidden ceiling flat. I love the new look! This challenge is officially at the halfway point!
Check out all the other One Room Challenge participants and their projects here!